Alana is a patent attorney focusing mainly in the fields of physics and information communication technologies. She is particularly skilled at managing patent prosecution, with a keen interest in patentable subject matter law.
Alana is an enthusiastic and detail-oriented patent attorney who provides her clients the highest standards of service when managing their patent and design portfolios.
She has experience in drafting, prosecuting and managing patent portfolios across a broad range of technologies, including in defence and aerospace technologies, sensing technologies, software, image and data processing, mining, optics and photonics, maritime technologies and cyber security technologies. Her clients include some of the world’s most recognisable innovators in these fields.
Alana is particularly interested in patentable subject matter law in Australia and New Zealand, and globally. She has developed knowledge and understanding working with Patent Offices to overcome objections and has been involved in oppositions and hearings related to contentious patentable subject matter law.
Alana has direct industry experience having developed computer programs for use by a leading astronomical observatory in Hawaii and has been involved in designing and testing optical devices. Alana is currently undertaking her Master’s Degree in Cyber Security.
- Registered Patent Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)
- Professional Education Certificate in Silicon Photonics Design, Fabrication and Data Analysis, University of British Columbia (UBCx), Canada, 2019
- Masters of Intellectual Property Law, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 2018
- Bachelor of Science (Astronomy and Astrophysics), Macquarie University, Australia, 2016
- Bachelor of Arts (Japanese Studies), Macquarie University, Australia, 2016
- Ordinary Member – Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- Japanese (Elementary)