Allira is a Principal of the firm and heads up our Engineering and ICT Patents team. She excels in developing intellectual property strategies that suit client’s commercial objectives across a range of medical and engineering technologies.
Allira is an experienced and personable patent attorney with a demonstrated history of providing intellectual property advice relevant to her clients’ business and technical needs. She specialises in patents and designs, with an emphasis on strategy development, drafting of specifications, prosecution, handling opposition proceedings, and the provision of validity and infringement advice. She has firsthand knowledge of the commercial context of IP having worked in research and as a regulatory affairs specialist for a global leader in medical devices.
Qualified to work across a number of technology areas, Allira has extensive experience and a keen interest in medical devices, providing patent, design, and regulatory advice to her clients. Her technical expertise also spans a number of engineering-related sectors, including: robotics and control systems, sporting technologies, transportation, consumer products, building systems and construction, mining, agricultural technologies, and manufacturing.
- Master of Business Administration (Technology) with Excellence, University of New South Wales, Australia, 2016
- Regulatory Affairs Dual Certificate (Medical Devices and Pharmaceuticals), Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society, Australia, 2014
- Registered Patent Attorney (Australia and New Zealand), 2007
- Master of Industrial Property, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 2007
- Master of Biomedical Engineering, University of New South Wales, Australia 2004
- Bachelor of Engineering with First Class Honours (Mechatronic), University of New South Wales, Australia, 2004
- Fellow – Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- Affiliated Member – Governance Institute of Australia