Andrew is a Senior Associate specialising in the prosecution of patent and design applications in Australia and overseas; representing clients in oppositions; infringement and validity advice; litigation support in contentious matters and management of client IP portfolios.
Andrew has had over 20 years experience in assisting clients with securing and advising on patent and design protection across a diverse range of technologies in mechanical engineering, physics, electronics and software, including consumer products, mining, mineral processing and separation, valves, pipes, packaging, biomedical devices, building technology, consumer electronic peripherals, leisure products and other consumer goods.
Andrew’s key practice areas are in patent and design rights. He specialises in drafting patent specifications, prosecuting patent and design applications both before the Australian Patent Office and in foreign jurisdictions, as well as providing validity and infringement advice in relation to patent and design rights. He has also acted and assisted in oppositions and contentious matters before the Australian Patent Office and Federal Court, and day to day IP portfolio management for a number of key clients.
His wealth of experience has been accumulated in various IP roles, including working as a patent attorney in a leading patent attorney firm, as a solicitor in a major law firm, a patent examiner in IP Australia and as a provider of in-house attorney services.
- Bachelor of Science (Physics), University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Laws with Honours 2A, University of Queensland
- Diploma, Intellectual Property Practice (IPTA)
- Registered Patent Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)
- Registered Trade Marks Attorney (Australia)
- Admitted to practise in the Federal Court of Australia and Supreme Court of Victoria
- Fellow – Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys Australia
- Member, Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Member, Australian Manufacturing Technology Institute Limited (AMTIL)