Chris is the Managing Director of Shelston IP and also heads the law team. He combines a strong intellectual property focus with the knowledge and experience gained from over 30 years of practise in commercial law.
In his over 30 years as a commercial lawyer Chris has advised on a wide range of intellectual property, information technology and commercial contracts.
He focuses on intellectual property commercialisation agreements including non-disclosure, research collaboration, licensing, manufacturing, supply and distribution. IT contracts of all types are a particular specialty. Chris is also a registered trade mark attorney.
Clients appreciate his responsiveness, broad commercial experience and pragmatic, plain language approach to contracts and advice work. Chris’s expertise and exemplary client delivery means he has acted for some of his clients for almost 30 years.
Chris always aims to understand the client’s commercial objectives and seeks to achieve those rather than trying to win every technical legal point. Chris combines his commercial legal experience and expertise with a detailed knowledge of trade mark law and practice gained over his long experience as a registered trade mark attorney. He is also a frequent visitor to China and assists with the firm’s substantial activities for Chinese clients.
Chris is recommended in the 2019 and 2020 Intellectual Asset Management (IAM Patent 1000 2020). “Chris Bevitt is the commercial law team leader who tackles transactional work effortlessly.”
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of New South Wales 1984
- Bachelor of Laws, University of New South Wales 1986
- Admitted to Supreme Court of NSW
- Admitted to High Court of Australia
- Registered Trade Mark Attorney (Australia)
- Spanish Diploma, Sydney Technological College 1990
- Solicitor member – Law Society of New South Wales
- NSW Society for Computers and the Law
- Licensing Executives Society ANZ and International
- Intellectual Asset Management (IAM Patent 1000)
- Spanish (Proficient)