David is an experienced patent attorney. He specialises in drafting and prosecuting applications in mining technologies, nanoscale drug delivery systems, plasticisers, paint compositions, pharmaceuticals, clean and cement technologies, and AgTech.
David has drafted and prosecuted applications in a range of fields for large world leading multinationals, start-ups as well as leading research organisations and universities. David has experience in contentious matters including litigation matters at the Federal Court and oppositions at the Patent Office.
He has a strong passion for commercialisation of IP and has participated in “The BridgeTech Program”, a national professional development program that trains professionals on how to effectively navigate the commercialisation pathway of new medical device technologies.
David has an undergraduate degree in Nanotechnology (Hons Class I) at the University of New South Wales (UNSW) and was awarded the university medal. David also has a PhD from UNSW and was awarded the Cornforth Medal for the most outstanding PhD thesis in chemistry. David has published in a number of high impact journals and won multiple prizes at International scientific conferences including Pacifichem.
David has been named as an IP Rising Star in 2018 and is currently recognised as a notable practitioner by Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars awards.
- Registered Patent Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)
- Registered Trade Mark Attorney (Australia)
- Masters of Intellectual Property Law, University of Melbourne, Australia, 2015
- Doctor of Philosophy (Chemistry), University of New South Wales, Australia, 2013
- Bachelor of Science (Nanotechnology), University of New South Wales, 2008
- Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)
- Royal Australian Chemical Institute (RACI)
- Australian Nanotechnology Network (ANN)
- Mandarin Chinese (Fluent)
- Japanese (Proficient)