Jon is a Senior Associate in the Chemical and Life Sciences team. He has experience in developing intellectual property strategies that suit a client’s commercial objectives across a range of chemical and material science based technologies.
Jon is an experienced patent attorney with a demonstrated history of providing intellectual property advice relevant to his client’s business and technical needs.
He assists numerous local and international clients in various aspects of Australian and New Zealand patent practice including drafting, prosecution, oppositions, validity and infringement advice and portfolio strategy/management.
He has drafted, managed and successfully prosecuted sizeable patent portfolios for large multinationals, small to midsize local companies, and has worked closely with several leading Australian universities to protect their intellectual property both at home and abroad.
- Registered Patent Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)
- Registered Trade Mark Attorney (Australia)
- Masters of Industrial Property University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 2007
- Doctor of Philosophy (Chemistry), University of Manchester, Institute of Science & Technology, UK, 1995
- Bachelor of Science (Chemistry), University of Essex, UK, 1991
- Fellow – Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)
- Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA)
- Japanese (Proficient)