Michael is a lawyer and registered trade mark attorney with a focus on IP commercial transactions and brand protection.
Michael has broad experience assisting local and international clients with commercial legal advice across a variety of transaction types, technologies and industries.
He aims to achieve the best commercial outcomes for his clients by gaining a deep understanding of their business and providing practical advice aligned with their interests, strategies and goals.
Michael is a versatile practitioner who is able to draft and advise on a range of agreements and associated IP issues, including licensing, manufacturing and distribution, technology transfer, confidentiality, consultancy and services agreements, joint ventures, research collaborations, website and online trading terms, privacy policies and compliance with privacy laws.
As a trade mark attorney, Michael creates value for his clients by securing their trade mark registrations, opposing registration of conflicting marks and generally assisting with brand protection, enforcement, strategy and portfolio management.
Having a diverse client base, Michael regularly works with clients in the sports administration, entertainment, retail and wholesale, agribusiness, scientific products and research, healthcare, food and drink, building and construction, software as a service (SaaS), electronics and other industries and fields.
- Notary Public, Australia, 2013
- Registered Trade Mark Attorney (Australia), 2009
- Graduate Certificate in Trade Mark Law and Practice, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 2008
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales, Australia, 2005
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, The College of Law, Sydney, Australia, 2004
- Bachelor of Arts; Bachelor of Laws with Honours, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia, 2003
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Licensing Executives Society Australia and New Zealand
- Golden Key International Honour Society