Nathan is a Senior Associate and highly experienced member of the firm’s Trade Mark team. He excels at providing timely and cost effective advice on all aspects of brand protection to national and international clients across a broad spectrum of industries.
Nathan is an experienced and affable trade mark attorney who consistently provides pertinent intellectual property advice tailored to meet his client’s specific business needs.
He specialises in trade mark matters, with a particular focus on conducting clearance searches, filing and prosecuting applications, handling opposition and removal proceedings, and the provision of infringement advice including letters of demand. He has firsthand knowledge of Australian trade mark examination and opposition processes, having previously held senior roles at IP Australia in both trade mark examination and opposition sections.
Nathan has extensive experience providing trade mark advice to clients across a broad range of industries including cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, food and beverages, computer software, mining, agriculture, building and constructions, business and finance and the tertiary sector. Nathan also has extensive experience assisting clients protect their intellectual property outside Australia including securing trade mark protection in North America, European Union, China, Japan and New Zealand.
- Registered Trade Marks Attorney, Australia, 2006
- Master of Industrial Property, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia, 2005
- Bachelor of Science with Honours (Chemistry), Monash University, Melbourne, Australia, 1998
- Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)