Onur is a lawyer with experience across a range of areas including Intellectual Property, Privacy and Consumer Law. He has assisted clients across industries, in both litigious and commercial matters including Life Sciences and Biotechnology, the Entertainment Industry, Information Technology, Consumer Products and Mining.
Onur has expertise in both Intellectual Property Litigation and Commercialisation. His experience with litigious matters includes assisting large multinational clients with complex Federal Court matters involving enforcement of IP rights and also with defending clients against allegations of IP infringement, most frequently across patent, trade mark and copyright law. Onur’s commercialisation experience includes assisting with provision of advice and guidance across Intellectual Property, Privacy and Consumer law matters and the preparation of commercial agreements.
Having completed a science degree majoring in Pharmacology and having previously worked as a paralegal at another leading specialist Intellectual Property law firm and a research assistant for a leading Australian IP academic, Onur has a strong interest in both market leaders and emerging businesses that have a focus on science and technology.
Onur is also active in organisations which have a focus on legal practice and technology, pursuing his interest in optimising the legal industry and the delivery of legal expertise to clients.
- Admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales, Australia, 2017
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Sydney, Australia, 2016
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced), University of Sydney, Australia, 2013
- Law Society of New South Wales
- NSW Young Lawyers Communications, Entertainment & Technology Law Committee Member
- NSW Young Lawyers Civil Litigation Committee Member