Peter is an authority in Patents in Australia and New Zealand for complex electronics, computer science, and optics, with a particular bent for complex mathematical material.
Peter has a first-class honours degree in computer science as well as a physics and a law degree. He is passionate about working as a Patent Attorney and Lawyer.
He has over 25 years of experience in drafting, prosecuting and protecting global patents including prosecuting patents before the USPTO, EPO, CIPO, JPO, in addition to dealing with the local Australian and New Zealand Patent Offices. Whilst Peter works primarily in the patent area he also advises on design protection.
He is highly regarded for his expertise in complex electronics, mathematics, optics and photonics, computer science including complex computer algorithms and has extensive experience in the protection of complex technologies in the fields of electronics and general mechanics.
Peter has extensive particular experience in computer architectures, application specific integrated circuits (ASICs), neural networks (deep learning), support vector machines, audio and digital signal processing, ultrasound, FPGAs, photonic devices including optical filters, Bragg grating structures, circulators and optical multiplexers, medical devices, including heart monitoring and surgical devices, micro electro mechanical devices (MEMS), superconductor devices, semiconductor fabrication, plasma physics, nanotechnology, printing, signal compression, face recognition algorithms, data and numerical analysis and optimisation algorithms, internet and business patent models, medical imaging, bioinformatics and statistics, fuel cells, retractable syringes, steering dampeners electrical switches and quantum computing.
Managing IP“Peter has in-depth knowledge of our patent space and provides excellent advice and guidance on the issues we face.”
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Science with Honours I (Computer Science), University of Melbourne
- Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Courts of Victoria and NSW
- Bachelor of Science (Physics), University of Sydney
- Registered Patent Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)
- Notary Public
- Fellow, Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- AIPPI – Australian Committee Member
- Managing Intellectual Property (MIP) Magazine’s IP Star award in 2021