Rodney is a highly experienced patent attorney in the mechanical engineering field. His specialist expertise leverages his engineering background in special purpose machine design, heating ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) and manufacturing process improvement.
Rodney has 20 years’ experience in intellectual property both in a commercial context and as a patent attorney at Shelston IP.
He has a particular interest in transport and automotive engineering, with specific commercial experience in an automotive innovation firm and additional experience in special purpose machines and high-speed manufacturing. He enjoys working with diverse areas of technology ranging from heaving mining, building and construction through to diagnostic technology and medical devices and generally everything in between.
Rodney specialises in all areas of patents and designs including prosecution, drafting, oppositions, clearance searching, re-examination and freedom to operate searching in both Australia and New Zealand. He also has extensive experience in Australian and New Zealand in design law and practice.
Rodney works with some of the largest and most welcome known companies in the world and is respected for his down to earth approach and his pragmatic and strategic view on developing and maintaining intellectual property rights.
The quality of his work is valued by his clients across the region and globally.
- Registered Patent & Trade Mark Attorney (Australia and New Zealand) 2004
- Master of Industrial Property, University of Technology Sydney 2003
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical), University of New South Wales 1994
- Mechanical Engineering Certificate, Sydney Institute of Technology 1988
- Fellow, Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand