Roshan is a lawyer who is dual-qualified in Law and Medicine. She is experienced in intellectual property disputes with a focus on the pharmaceutical, vaccines, biologics, medical devices, information technology and mining/energy sectors.
Roshan has acted on contentious and advisory matters relating to patents, copyright, designs, confidential information, privacy and the regulation of therapeutic goods, medical devices and complimentary medicines in Australia. Notable litigious matters she has acted on include Federal Court proceedings for Merck Sharpe & Dohme, Samsung Bioepis, Sun Pharmaceutical, Hytera Communications, Dyno Nobel and Fuchs Lubricants.
Prior to the law, Roshan practiced as a medical practitioner for a decade, undertaking specialist training in Paediatrics, Neurodevelopmental Paediatrics and Clinical Genetics. She has experience in the conduct of multicentre clinical drug trials and has been awarded several prestigious grants and awards for her work in this area.
Roshan maintains a strong interest in emerging technologies, including gene-therapy and gene-editing technologies, cell-based immunotherapy, digital therapeutics and the use of artificial intelligence in the development of drugs and medical devices.
- Juris Doctor (with Distinction), University of New South Wales, Australia, 2016
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), University of Adelaide, Australia,
- Royal Australasian College of Physicians’ (RACP) Part 1 & Part 2 Specialist Exams
- Admitted as Solicitor of the High Court of Australia and the Supreme Court of New South Wales, Australia
- Medical Board of Australia, Medical Practitioner (Non-Practicing Registration), Australia
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)
- Diverse Women in Law (Founding Board Member)
- Women Lawyers Association
- World Champions, ICC International Mediation Championships (UNSW Team, Paris, Feb 2016)
- UNSW Dean’s List for Academic Excellence (2015-2016)
- National Health and Medical Research Council Grant (2010-2012)
- Pfizer Neuroscience Research Award (2009)
- Murdoch Children’s Research Institute Grant (2009)