Serena has impressive credentials. Holding a Master of Chemistry degree and DPhil in Organic Chemistry, both from the University of Oxford (UK), she is also a European qualified patent attorney, a UK patent attorney and a Registered patent attorney in Australia and New Zealand.
Serena has over a decade of experience in patents in the UK, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Her experience spans a number of industries and sectors, with expertise in Chemistry and Life Sciences.
She has experience at all stages of the patenting process, from drafting of specifications through examination of applications and contentious work including oppositions and providing infringement and validity advice. She is also highly experienced in strategic management of patent portfolios.
Serena acts for a wide range of clients from multinational corporations to start-ups, to overseas attorneys and is known for providing responsive, clear, and client-friendly advice.
Her patent work encompasses inventions in the fields of pharmaceuticals, healthcare products, nutrition, polymers, catalysts, petrochemicals, agrochemicals and mechanical devices.
As an internationally qualified patent attorney she brings a global perspective to her work which allows her to deliver relevant, commercially-focussed IP strategies to her clients.
Serena has been designated a Rising Star in both 2019 and 2020 by Managing Intellectual Property.
- Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property, University of Technology Sydney 2015
- IP Litigator – Patent (UK) 2012
- Chartered UK Patent Attorney 2012
- European Qualified Patent Attorney 2010
- Postgraduate Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Brunel University (UK) 2007
- Doctor of Philosophy (Organic Chemistry), University of Oxford (UK) 2006
- Master of Chemistry with first class Honours, University of Oxford (UK) 2003
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (UK)
- Member, Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- Managing Intellectual Property Rising Star 2019 & 2020