Shan is currently training as a Patent Attorney in the Life Sciences/Biotechnology team, where he has been involved in patent prosecution, drafting and liaising with clients regarding patent protection strategies.
Shan has experience with patents encompassing pharmaceuticals ranging from small molecules to biologics, medical treatments and diagnostic methods, medical devices, plants, nutritional and consumer products, and other areas.
Shan draws his experience from his cross-disciplinary Bachelor of Biomedical Science, encompassing topics such as pharmacology, microbiology, and genetics. He was awarded the Professor Kernot Research Scholarship and the Stanley Harvey Prize for his Honours year.
Shan completed his doctoral studies at the University of Melbourne, where his research focused on supramolecular compounds, peptide synthesis, and host-guest chemistry.
Shan also has experience as a post-doctoral researcher, as a visiting scholar to the University of New Orleans and the Australian National University, and has published in his field. Prior to joining Shelston IP, Shan was a lecturer in Melbourne.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Science), The University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science with Bachelor of Science (Honours), The University of Melbourne
- The Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- The Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand Inc. (IPSANZ)
- Royal Australian Chemical Institute Incorporated, Associate Member (RACI)
- Australasian Biotechnology (AusBiotech)
- Chinese (Proficient)