Stuart advises clients on a wide range of intellectual property matters and disputes, with a particular emphasis on trade mark and copyright infringement.
Stuart has worked with a wide range of small and large Australian and foreign companies, including those in the food and beverage industry, the medical and animal health industry, the mining industry and the media industry. Stuart has extensive experience in relation to all areas of intellectual property law, with a particular focus on copyright and trade mark disputes, and misleading or deceptive conduct or passing off matters.
Stuart understands that intellectual property disputes can be costly and time consuming for companies, so always looks for creative solutions to resolve disputes at an early stage. However, he appreciates that sometimes the best way to resolve a dispute is to firmly proceed with appropriate legal action.
Stuart regularly appears in matters in the Federal Court of Australia, the NSW Supreme Court, and the Australian Trade Marks Office.
- Bachelor of Business, University of Technology, Sydney
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Technology, Sydney
- Master of Laws, University of Melbourne
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Registered Trade Marks Attorney (Australia)
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Intellectual Property Society, Australia and New Zealand