Tam is a Principal managing patent portfolios across a range of electrical and computer technologies. She develops IP strategies and tailored advice that suit her clients’ commercial objectives.
Tam is a registered patent attorney with experience in drafting patent specifications in areas of technology including electrical power systems and computer-implemented inventions.
She also has experience in prosecuting patent applications in Australia, New Zealand and a range of other jurisdictions including the US, Europe, China and Japan.
Tam’s specific technical experience cuts cross a number of technology areas allowing her to prosecute and manage patent portfolios in a range of fields including electrical and telecommunication technologies, computer and software systems, mining and automation, and audio and signal processing technologies. She is extremely commercially aware having worked in the specialist industrial cables sector before becoming an intellectual property professional.
Her clients recognise her exemplary client delivery. She is renowned for her ability to meticulously organise large volume patent portfolios in a highly responsive manner for significant multinationals.
Tam is committed to the development of the next generation of patent attorneys and is Shelston IP’s Attorney Training & Development Manager. She is identified by her peers and independent research conducted by Managing Intellectual Property as an IP Rising Star in 2020.
- Bachelor of Engineering with First Class Honours (Computer), University of Sydney, Australia, 2008
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), University of Sydney, Australia, 2008
- Master of Industrial Property, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia, 2011
- Registered Patent Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)
- Fellow – Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- Managing Intellectual Property IP Rising Star 2020