We assist our clients with strategic advice, drafting and negotiation of terms in technology transactions. We have deep knowledge in the transactions that are critical to any technology company, including:
- Customer and reseller agreements
- Software and technology licenses and acquisitions
- Outsourcing and manufacturing agreements
- Patent licensing
- Strategic alliances and joint ventures
- API agreements
- IP, privacy, open source and technology due diligence and strategic advice
We have experience helping clients address digital transformation issues and issues surrounding the analysis, collection, sharing and use of their data. Risk management in data driven business models requires a multi-jurisdictional approach to data protection issues and an underlying understanding of the technology and legal risks attaching. This is where Shelston provides a unique blend of IT experts and IT lawyers to ensure we add strategic value to your business.
- Advisers to innovative wearable technology company in its data collection and use models, risk management and privacy by design initiatives
- Advisers to companies in the real property data sector including information brokers, outsourced cloud based marketing companies, cloud based property management companies and all of the varied uses for data sharing arrangements and innovative collaboration models that have become the focus of growth strategies.
- Advisers to many traditional software companies as they have transitioned to cloud based offerings, modifying their commercial models and transitioning their customer base. Advising on the new risks attaching to multi-national cloud based service offerings.
Shelston IP’s Commercial IP expertise and services
Shelston IP’s IT Agreements awards and recognition
Our Principal Mark Vincent has been recognized for leading work in assisting clients to adapt to cloud based models for IT services, leading to invitations to speak on legal and risk issues at a significant number of conferences in the Asia Pacific Region and numerous well regarded published works.